- discern(pg 68): To perceive by the sight or some other sense or by the intellect; see, recognize, or apprehend.
- crevasse(pg69): A fissure, or deep cleft, in glacial ice, the earth's surface, etc.
- "The deer was as dead as my mom." This is a simaly because it compares the death of his mom to the death of some deer girl.
- "The apple was an ocean of flavor." This is a metaphor because its comparing the amount of flavor in an apple to the size of an ocean without using like or as.
- "The dwarves were like walking stools." This is a simaly because it compares the hight of the dwarves to that of stools.
- "And then the animals fell upon her, tearing and biting, ripping and shredding, as david turned away from the grisly sight and fled into the forest."